Thursday, February 28, 2013

Date and Time

It seems like the latest widow-blogpost du jour discusses the day and time that thier beloved died. One said, "Every Wednesday I think of him....." and I've seen others talk about the time their beloved died - "every time I see 1:35 on the clock, I think of that moment..." Comments like that.

And I feel like a slug.

Why? Because the time of day that Bobby passed away, nor the day of the week, reminds me of when he died. I almost feel like I'm betraying him because I am not thinking of him when these things occur on the calendar and clock. Am I the only one?

I do, however, think about him every time the date that it happened is mentioned. April 15. Tax day. The day the Titanic sunk. And the day that Bobby died. All around bad day if you ask me.  I'm sure I'll call in sick that day.

1 comment:

  1. I found your site through blog roll, and you don't seem wierd to me for not marking every minute anniversary. It echoes my experience, and now that his eighth is rolling around, same time as yours, BTW, I feel happy and grateful and melancholy all together.

    I look forward to reading more about life for you. Thanks for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete